A-SSE.1 – Interpret expressions that represent a quantity in terms of its context.★
- 1.a – Interpret parts of an expression, such as terms, factors, and coefficients.
- 1.b – Interpret complicated expressions by viewing one or more of their parts as a single entity. For example, interpret P(1+r)n as the product of P and a factor not depending on P.
Internet Resources (Videos, Websites, etc.)
Alabama Lesson Plans
Mathematics Assessment Project (MAP)
- L04: Increasing and Decreasing Quantities by a Percent
- L05: Modeling Situations With Linear Equations
- L13: Sorting Equations and Identities
- L16: Interpreting Algebraic Expressions
- A04: Circle Pattern
- N02: Seeing Structure in Expressions
Online Practice from IXL (A-SSE.1.a)