8.G.1 – Verify experimentally the properties of rotations, reflections, and translations:
- 1.a – Lines are taken to lines, and line segments to line segments of the same length.
- 1.b – Angles are taken to angles of the same measure.
- 1.c – Parallel lines are taken to parallel lines.
Internet Resources (Videos, Websites, etc.)
NCTM Illuminations (8.G.1.a,b,c)
Online Practice from IXL (8.G.1.a,b,c)
- Transformations: Identify reflections, rotations, and translations (Eighth grade – R.1)
- Transformations: Translations: graph the image (Eighth grade – R.2)
- Transformations: Reflections: graph the image (Eighth grade – R.4)
- Transformations: Rotations: graph the image (Eighth grade – R.6)
- Transformations – Lesson 1: Reflections
- Transformations – Lesson 1: Rotations
- Transformations – Lesson 1: Translations
- Math Nspired: Transformers in the Classroom
This lesson involves digitizing an image and transforming it on a graph.