8.G.8 – Apply the Pythagorean Theorem to find the distance between two points in a coordinate system.
Internet Resources (Videos, Websites, etc.)
- Find the length of a diagonal by creating a square
- Find the perimeter of a two dimensional figure on the coordinate plane
- Find the length of a line segment on the coordinate plane using the Pythagorean Theorem
- Find the area of a two dimensional figure on the coordinate plane
Mathematics Assessment Project (MAP)
- E04: Proofs Of The Pythagorean Theorem?
- E08: Pythagorean Triples
- E15: Circles and Squares
- A05: Hopewell Geometry